It is natural to feel anxious from time to time especially if something new or big comes along. A presentation, performance, new job or change of schools can bring about feelings of anxiety. It is only when these feelings become constant that you need to take action.
The NHS estimate that 1 in 3 has reported to having anxiety, depression or stress-related mental health issues in the past 12 months. Generally, 60% more women to men suffer from anxiety.
Individuals can suffer more than one type of anxiety disorder at any one time. They can come about from many issues such as substance abuse, overworking, relationship issues, stress, and eating disorders.
There are six main types of anxiety disorders:
- Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD)
- Panic disorder(Panic Attacks)
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Specific phobias
- Social anxiety disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Hypnotherapy for Anxiety
- Hypnotherapy helps the emotional mind understand that certain thinking errors may be destructive and help you to make changes at a deep emotional level. By using hypnotherapy you can delve into the subconscious mind and change negative think patterns into positive ones.
- Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy (CBH) is an extremely powerful combination of hypnotherapy and cognitive behavioural therapy based on the ABC model of CBT.
- Exposure therapy allows you to face your fears in a controlled environment. For example, someone with OCD may be forced to eat their food without first arranging it in a certain pattern or order.